Life is Short. Eat Dessert First
If you don’t like where you are, move. Why wait?
You love visiting Palm Springs, have you considered living here? We do at the Paul Kaplan Group, and we love it! We've helped hundreds of people move to Palm Springs over the last two decades. We're here to help, and answer all your questions about relocating to Palm Springs, whether its full time, or part time.
Move to Palm Springs
Moving is fun and exciting and life changing. It can also be stressful, confusing, and overwhelming. You have a lot of questions to ask, and we have answers.
- What neighborhood should I look in?
- How expensive is it to live in the desert?
- What should I know about mid-century homes?
- What is lease land?
- What are the best bars and restaurants?
- Is there water?
- How do you survive the summer heat?
- Will I be bored living in Palm Springs?
You want to establish roots in a new community and we're here to help.
Find a good match, locally
Buying a home is a big deal and you should work with a local expert that you can comfortably partner with. Someone who knows the area, who understands the climate of our Palm Springs housing market, and most importantly, understands what you want and need in your home – and new community – in order to guide and support you throughout the process. (Meet the Paul Kaplan Team)
Get Preapproved or Prequalified
Why waste your time looking at homes you can't afford? If you're planning on financing your purchase, knowing how much you can spend on your home (and making sure you’re comfortable with the monthly cost) is crucial. It’s not just the purchase price of the home, there may be additional costs to consider:
- How much are HOA fees?
- Is there a lease land fee?
- What are property taxes?
- How much is insurance?
- What kind of monthly maintenance expenses can I expect?
- How much will my closing fees be?
Also, if you're buying on lease land, its important to get prequalified with a lender that understands those properties. Our local Real Estate Experts can help guide you in the right direction when choosing a lender.
What should I know about buying a vacation rental home?
Renting a vacation home or condo is a popular option for visitors coming to Palm Springs. Owning a vacation home, can be an economical way to have a place in Palm Springs that generates income when you're not using the home yourself. Here are a few things to consider that our local Real Estate experts can help you with:
- What are the best neighborhoods for vacation rentals?
- What restrictions are there on vacation rentals?
- Who can manage the property if I live out of town?
- What can I expect to pay a management company?
- What sort of amenities are best for vacation rentals?
Smart shopping, online or in person
Once you’ve got the numbers worked out, you can start looking for your new Palm Springs area home! Press the link above to start exploring Palm Springs and to find your desert dream home.
You have Questions. We’re here to help. Schedule a free buyer consultation with a Paul Kaplan Group professional. START HERE